A New Dawn for Downtown
1010 On the Rhine, Mixed-Use
To Project Types
Cincinnati, OH | 520,000 SF
Vibrant neighborhoods bring people together. The ability to walk out your door and instantly be somewhere is what makes urban living so energizing. 1010 On-the-Rhine combines luxury apartments, a Kroger grocery and food hall, and parking—but the building does more than put its residents in the thick of city life; it brings life, and a walkable destination, to an underutilized area of the city.
Situated at the midpoint of the Cincinnati’s streetcar route, 1010 On-the-Rhine has transformed a surface parking lot into a lively hub that connects two bustling development zones at opposite ends of the city: historic Over-the-Rhine and the business district around Fountain Square.
This is a sign that the renaissance of Downtown and OTR is here to stay and is accelerating.
1010 On-the-Rhine reinterprets its historic Court Street neighborhood in a contemporary manner and has ignited new activity along three sides of the building: A walk-up coffee window brings additional pedestrian traffic to Court Street; accessed on Walnut Street, the daylight filled Kroger market puts both fresh and prepared foods within easy reach (via foot, car, streetcar, or Red Bike) of people living and working downtown; and Kroger’s second floor food hall features an outdoor dining terrace overlooking Central Parkway.
Views—from private residential balconies to Kroger’s expansive street level windows– are integral to life in and around 1010 On-the-Rhine, whether you’re coming home, coming to shop, or coming to work.
- 1010 on the Rhine bridges the historic OTR district and the Central Business District
- Views in and out of the Kroger on the first floor invite the community inside.
- The two-floor grocery is the first in the downtown area in 50 years.
- 1010 is a destination that joins the historic OTR area with the Cincinnati business district
- 1010 is located along a major transit system that allows the larger surrounding community access.