A New Dawn for Downtown
1010 on the Rhine, Residential & Grocery
To Project Types
Cincinnati, OH | 520,000 SF
As the population of Cincinnati’s urban core has grown, people who live and work downtown have long clamored for a full-service grocery store. Soon they’ll have it, in an 18-story building that combines a Kroger market and café, apartments, and parking.
This transit-oriented development at the midpoint of the city’s streetcar route transforms a surface parking lot into a link that connects Cincinnati’s Over-the-Rhine and Fountain Square districts—two lively but separate live/work/play zones. Outdoor terraces at Kroger’s second floor café give shoppers the option of streetside dining while private terraces similarly engage residents with Central Parkway’s grand presence. The building is also capped with a rooftop terrace overlooking the city center.
This is a sign that the renaissance of Downtown and OTR is here to stay and is accelerating.
Corner entries provide transparency and give customers dual access points. A second story living wall screens parking, provides an unexpected hit of green, and echoes Kroger’s increasing organic options. The entire project reinterprets an historic neighborhood in a contemporary manner and invites Cincinnati to look at an underappreciated area with fresh eyes.
Views—from private residential balconies to Kroger’s expansive street level windows– are integral to life in and around 1010 On-the-Rhine, whether you’re coming home, coming to shop, or coming to work.
- 1010 on the Rhine bridges the historic OTR district and the Central Business District
- Views in and out of the Kroger on the first floor invite the community inside.
- The two-floor grocery is the first in the downtown area in 50 years.
- 1010 is a destination that joins the historic OTR area with the Cincinnati business district
- 1010 is located along a major transit system that allows the larger surrounding community access.