A New Dawn for Downtown
1010 on the Rhine, Residential & Grocery
To Project Types
Cincinnati, OH | 520,000 SF
As the population of Cincinnati’s urban core has grown, people who live and work downtown have long clamored for a full-service grocery store. Now they have it, in an 18-story building that combines a Kroger market and café, luxury apartments, and parking.
This transit-oriented development at the midpoint of the city’s streetcar route has transformed a surface parking lot into a link that connects two lively zones: Cincinnati’s historic Over-the-Rhine neighborhood and the business district around Fountain Square.
This is a sign that the renaissance of Downtown and OTR is here to stay and is accelerating.
1010 On-the-Rhine reinterprets an historic neighborhood in a contemporary manner and has ignited new activity around Cincinnati’s central business district. Views are a central part of life at 1010 On-the-Rhine, whether you’re coming home, coming to shop, or coming to work.
Private terraces engage residents with Central Parkway’s grand presence. The building is also capped with a rooftop terrace overlooking the city center. At Kroger’s second floor café, outdoor terraces connect diners to street views and activity. Corner entries provide transparency and give grocery customers dual access points. Unlike suburban groceries, large windows engage the street on three sides, providing customers and employees views in and out; whether people work, shop, dine, or drink here, daylight is part of the experience.
- Views in and out of the Kroger on the first floor invite the community inside.
- 1010 is integrated into the surrounding context by scale through pattern and massing.
- The two-floor grocery is the first in the downtown area in 50 years.
- 1010 is a destination that allows for 360 views of the urban environment
- 1010 is located along a major transit system that allows the larger surrounding community access.